We’ve compiled a set of frequently asked questions from thousands of customers all over the world. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, try searching for your question or contact our support team.
AccuPOS Point of Sale is designed for use with all the mainstream accounting programs– QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting) – and is ideal for retailers who:
- Know and use QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting) for accounting and do not want to relearn new and complicated accounting features
- Want to be able to easily transfer line item detailed sales information into their accounting program instead of just receiving summarized sales information
- Want speed and accuracy at the point of sale
- Want to be able to track and add customer information at the point of sale
- Want to be able to charge a customer’s account and have a detailed invoice created for the next billing cycle
- Want a POS Solution that works with a bar code scanner and/or a touch screen monitor to ensure fast transactions and minimal customer wait time
AccuPOS Point of Sale is designed for use with all the mainstream accounting programs – QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting) – and is ideal for retailers with hardware that fits the following specifications:
- Windows 10 – Full Version
- Windows 8 – Full Version
- Windows 7 – Pro or higher – 32 bit or 64 bit
- Pentium 4 or faster processor w/4GB RAM
- Java 7.75 or newer – 32 bit only
AccuPOS is designed to close the gap between point of sale and your accounting software.
Since we started in 1997, our point of sale experience has taught us that any business, whether they are a retail store, restaurant, country club or bar, wants to process sales, collect customer information, maintain better inventory control and still use a mainstream accounting software for ALL of their accounting needs.
We developed AccuPOS to do just that:
- Collect the sales and customer information in a fast paced customer-oriented environment
- Report the sales details automatically to the financial software for inventory and accounting purposes, with no redundant accounting features.
AccuPOS is the only POS system that reports line item detail to QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting).
This gives you an important advantage: as there is no need to relearn inventory, purchasing or extra accounting functions. The quantity on hand and inventory information is in the same program that you order inventory and pay vendors from.
The management back-end of AccuPOS is only installable on a PC with any professional version of Windows. The Point of Sale front-end can be installed on a PC or an Android device. AccuPOS is not available on any Apple hardware.
AccuPOS utilizes the inventory list from your accounting software. If you have the ability to export inventory and customers from your current point of sale, chances are it can be manipulated and imported to your accounting program.
Sales information from AccuPOS can be transferred into:
- QuickBooks Pro 2015-2017
- QuickBooks Premiere 2015-2017
- QuickBooks Enterprise 2015-2017
- Sage 50 – US Edition 2016-2018 (formerly Peachtree)
- Sage 50 – Canadian 2016-2018 (formerly Simply Accounting)
- Sage 100 ERP 2015, 2016, 2017 (formerly named Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200)
- Sage BusinessWorks Accounting version 5 or higher
AccuPOS was created so that it does not duplicate many of the features you are already using in your accounting software. Inventory is maintained in the same place you process Purchase Orders and write vendor checks.
AccuPOS will report to your accounting software what was sold, for how much, to whom (if you track customers), and adjust the inventory, update sales accounts and post tendering totals to un-deposited funds. No additional interface modules are needed.
AccuPOS can operate as many POS stations as your business needs.
AccuPOS does not need to reside on the same computer as your accounting software.
Yes, the AccuPOS file interface allows you to transfer complete sales information anywhere.
AccuPOS is compatible with most POS hardware peripherals. Please check with us before you purchase from a different source or have any questions about our software and hardware compatibility policy.
No. Your accounting software does not even need to be on your point of sale computer. AccuPOS also has user-defined groups to help assist with front-end security.